Some time ago, I was just starting out with Maxon’s Cinema 4D application and followed along with this tutorial, both as a learning exercise and because I liked the end result.
Now having had a taste of Blender as part of my DAT406 university assignment, I was keen to repeat the learning process and so decided to use the same tutorial. This time I would apply the techniques, albeit it in a slightly less polished and refined form than in Joe’s tutorial, to Blender. This is the result…
- Joe Lilli for the original Cinema 4D tutorial.
- Mark Masters at Pluralsight for his article on Blender’s cell fracture addon.
- This forum post at blenderartists.org which explains how to apply materials to the cell fractured objects.
- Chocofur.com for their free shaders and accompanying tutorials.
- Lynda.com’s video on creating cell fracture patterns using particles.